Can’t get enough of this Ben Böhmer performance from a hot air balloon. Too beautiful.
35 minutes for 35 years 🎉🏃
- I turned 35. 🎂🥳 We celebrated at Bill’s for breakfast while looking over the ocean. Leo picked out a singing Thomas (the train) birthday card for me.
- We went to my favorite Starbucks for lunch on Saturday and Leo has progressed to eating an entire tuna-cheese melt. I didn’t think he’d eat it all as he’s only 2.5 and a bit years old, but he did.
- More people getting interested in sustainable web design. James recently started working to make his site more sustainable and I totally dig it.
- Someone should make a site scanner to help you improve the sustainability of your site – analyze images, css, and then give you tips for how to improve it. Doing it all and doing it right would be a large undertaking.
- I’ve started thinking about getting solar panels again. It won’t happen this year, but maybe next year or the year after that. In doing research I found this cool site that will, given a postal code, give you estimated solar generation based on the weather from the past 10 years. Using that you can plunk in your usage actual numbers into a spreadsheet and better estimate when they’ll pay for themselves.
Early birthday breakfast at Bill’s in Shichirigahama. Going to Bill’s is always a treat – not just because the food is great, but it’s relaxing to be able to stare off and watch the surfers do their thing. Perhaps more relaxing was that we dropped off Leo at the grandparent’s house so it was just the two of us.
We split the Full Aussie (free-range scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, roast tomato, herbed garlic mushrooms, pork and fennel sausage) and Ricotta hotcakes, fresh banana and honeycomb butter. No photos of view this time around as we were sat inside.
The title says it all, doesn’t it? Patagonia has been putting these great tags on some of their shorts that read “Vote the Assholes Out”, to encourage people to vote out the climate change deniers that are in office. They’re not saying vote liberal or conservative. Just to vote the assholes out.
I love seeing simple and clear advocacy like this from Patagonia. I wish more companies could find the courage to do it too.
I’ve sent in my ballot to do my part to end the madness, have you?
Watching the Tokaido line roll by with Leo.
Sent my ballot. Let’s hope it gets there in time and the madness stops. 🤞🏻🙏🏻
Drizzly 5km. No sunrise to watch also made my performance drizzly too. 🏃
New shoes, cooler weather, or trying to escape the rain? Either way fastest 3-5km run yet! 🏃
New running shoes came in today for my early birthday present. Also my first low-carbon footprint shoe at 9kg, about 3.5kg less than average and is offset by Allbirds themselves.
Hinomaru is a Japan exclusive color combo, so had to go for it.