部活です。 4km is a bit harder when it’s warmer out. But still had a bit of juice left at the end.
Didn’t feel like it at 4:30 when I woke up. Some coffee later and managed to make it out. 🙌🏻
New issue of @OffscreenMag came in the post today. Super excited to read it.
Achievement unlocked: Leo now requests “papa’s bread”. 😋 🍞
- I saw a good format for a weekly “week in review” blog post on Michael’s microblog that I’m going to copy. It’s just a bullet list of things that happened, but I hope it will allow me to capture the ideas that are between a status update a full post.
- I figured out why some of my posts weren’t receiving with webmentions with help from the indieweb irc chat. Webmentions are only enabled if trackback/comments are allowed. The posts that weren’t working I drafted initially using MarsEdit, which turns off trackbacks by default. Unfortunately there isn’t a per-post checkbox in my post admin interface, so it was non-obvious why some were working and some weren’t.
- The potential of Micropub finally clicked thanks to a talk by I watched by Chris.
- I finished reading chapter one of the dragon book, though it no longer has a dragon on the cover. There’s no real immediate work or project ideas for me to learn compiler design, but I know the principles will come in handy.
- My Apple Watch has quickly made itself an indispensable part of my routine. The haptic wake up alarms and the reminders to stand while I’m working are the killer features for me so far. Running with it is also a game changer. I’m using the 4 hour weather look ahead on my wrist far more than I had thought I would. But that’s probably because it’s the rainy season.
- I went to St. Marc Cafe for a coffee and chocolate croissant. There wasn’t an empty seat inside, which made me a bit nervous. Everyone was wearing a mask when they weren’t drinking / eating and that location is large enough where there’s plenty of space between tables.
Deleted Tweetbot off my phone for a bit. Great app, but feel like I need a break from using Twitter directly.
It would be great if the @SlackHQ app on iOS when someone posts multiple images we could swipe between them like most iOS apps.
My second run with Apple Watch was better. Not just the run itself, but using the Watch while running was a lot smoother.
In my first run with the Watch, I lost audio when my Airpods appeared to have died midway through and each runkeeper pace announcement via Siri would stop music. This time my Airpods made it easily, but my music still paused every 5 minutes.
I believe the issue with my Airpods in my first run wasn’t my Airpods, but rather the podcast I was listening to was only partially buffered from iPhone. By my second run, Overcast and my watch have had plenty of time to sync and plenty of audio for my run.
The pausing audio issue I believe to be a bug with runkeeper. To test this, for my next run I am going to try running with just the Apple Workout or Nike Run Club app and see if audio resumes after callouts. If it doesn’t, then there’s potential that it’s an Overcast bug, and I’ll need to try with the stock Music app (and sync some music I’d like to run to!).
Turns out the issue was the posts I drafted with @MarsEdit has Trackbacks disabled by default and there’s not a UI in the WordPress classic editor to see/modify that settings.