The Slow Web: jamesvandyne.com/2019/08/11/the…
The Slow Web
- The slow web is formulating your thoughts and expressing them fully.
- The slow web is about owning what you produce.
- The slow web is open.
- The slow web is yours.
The Slow Web in Practice
Most people the slow web is best manifested as a blog. This could be a simple Wordpress blog, a micro.blog, a bunch of static files on a server somewhere, anything that works for you. The important part is that you have control of your content. That you can control how and when it appears.
- Writing unique content that matters to you and like-minded people will find it via search
- RSS Feeds (standard in most all blogging systems)
- POSSE (Publish (on your) Own Site, Syndicate Elsewhere
Ignore the Numbers
The common methods of tracking visits can not only break your site, it also invites an invasion of privacy for your readers. Are there more privacy-minded ways to collect visitor statistics? Yes. Do you even need to collect the information in the first place? Probably not.
Don't Over Engineer
Making the Jump
Liked: The Slow Web - 🏔 James Van Dyne... The slow web is formulating your thoughts and expressing them fully. The slow web is about owning what you produce. The slow web is open. The slow web is yours.like
I am really liking this piece on the "slow web" - I say, as I link to it on the waytoofast web...jamesvandyne.com/82af412d-db19-…